Livescribe just announced Echo, the newest addition to its award winning lineup of smartpens! Available in 4GB and 8GB models, Echo captures everything users hear and write and provides quick and accurate access to important information by simply tapping pen to paper.
Not only does Echo feature a sleek, ergonomic design, rubberized grip and standard headphone and USB jacks, several software enhancements were also launched with Echo. Software updates are available for both Pulse and Echo customers and include:
- Launch Line: a new way to access and launch applications in seconds
- Password protection: ensures recorded audio on your smartpen remains private and safe
- Custom smartpen name: name your smartpen (or include contact information) so that when turned on identifying the owner of a smartpen is easy
- Custom notebooks: group and organize notes quickly and easily (similar to creating a playlist in iTunes)
- Pencast import/export: save and share pencast files locally to your desktop or a server. Notes can be sent to others as an integrated audio/notes as an attachment. Anyone with the Livescribe Desktop software (free download online) can now open, view and interact with a native Livescribe file
- Pencast Player from Livescribe on Apple
iPad, iPhoneand iTouch: enables users to access pencasts anywhere they go with a simple touch (free from the iTunes store later this summer)
With the launch of Echo, we are also previewing new communication and collaboration applications that will be available this fall. Connect software allows users to send notes, audio and Pencast PDFs directly from paper to email addresses, online sites and other popular third-party consumer, education and business applications. Livescribe is also introducing collaboration software, Paper Tablet, that lets consumers communicate in real-time, directly from a Livescribe notebook to a Mac or PC using an Echo smartpen and a standard micro-USB cable.
Interested in using Echo in your classroom or district? Education pricing and special components (not available at retail) are available through the dedicated education sales